Thursday, March 25, 2004
Appalled by my recent low level of productivity, I’ve set myself a number of small achievable tasks to perform. The first took a few hours of coding and is presented here:
What surprised me the most about doing this was that I ended up with so few entries. Admittedly there are two layers of selection - first you must have registered your blog with weblogs.co.uk, and secondly you have to provide the geo data the map needs, but there are ~250 sites listed, only 87 of which have geo data.
Of course I could have used the data from GeoURL, except then I'd have had to do much more processing - first to limit the locations to the UK and secondly to filter out all the crappy deviantART sites. Neither of which I wanted (or could be bothered) to do.